Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Period

Beware if your squeamish about blood! hahahaha

Okay, here's what seems to be a touchy subject. There are some men who'll have sex no matter what, even when a woman is on her period. Other's, like my husband, will NOT. They are the "ewww guys". Honestly, I'm a little peevish on this, myself. It is not my favorite time to have sex because, well, it's messy. But, I'm not grossed out by it, either.

With my High School boyfriend, he was all eager to try anything, including getting what he called his "red wings" by having sex with me on my period. I was like, "ok". No big deal. Later, when I was with my ex-husband, he didn't care one way or the other about having sex while I was OTR, but I really wasn't into it - the mess factor and all. After my divorce, my next boyfriend was totally grossed out and freaked out by the idea of it and that was when I first found that my hormones made me REALLY horny during that time of the month. It was a NO NO, though. Years later, as a single woman, I had a sex partner who was not my "boyfriend", just the friend with benefits thing and I once started while we were having sex and he totally had no problem with it at all while I was totally embarassed by it. Now, I'm with my husband who does not want to have sex during that time and who thinks it is gross, but once when we miscalculated a bit, he didn't freak out.

I give this history because it shows how different people feel about it. Here people who loved me won't go there, but a guy who just was into the sex had no problem with it. I wonder what makes someone yea or ixnay the period sex. I wonder at my own fluctuations of being okay with it and not being okay with it. And, why the hell do my hormones during that time of the month make me so damned horny!?!

AND, here's a burning question that I have. How can a guy be grossed out by having sex with a woman on her period, yet have no problem having anal sex?

Have a nice day.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I've wondered about the same thing... why do the hormones rage during that time? Kills me! Especially about a week prior to starting my period, I'm a sex crazed lunatic!
And to specifically speak of having sex during that time is out of the question for me. Been there done that. No way. I thinks it's all about the mess. But you DO raise a great question about anal sex being preferred over sex during a woman's period. Go figure. Maybe your post will generate comments to enlighten us! heehee.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Keepin it real said...

I feel ya. I happen to think sex OTR is fine. It's more lube. My wife doesn't care. I just have one question...does your husband know that you are writing this blog?

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wonder what others do regarding this. I don't really have periods anymore, due to my IUD, so it's not much of an issue. But before, when I DID, we never had sex during my period. My husband claims to not care one way or the other, but I always declined. I've heard orgasms are good for cramps... too bad I wasn't have them anyway. : ) (The orgasms, not the cramps... I definitely had those!)

Now I just spot for a few days... but I'm still not really willing to have sex. I'm not sure what it is. Hubs has said I'd have to be "bleeding like a stuffed pig" for him to turn me down, but it just makes me feel very unsexy to be on my period. But I will admit, I am extraordinarily horny during this time!! Hopefully soon I will get over this irrational (in my mind) "fear", now that we are having sex more frequently. It can't be THAT bad! : )

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only a young one. But dating an older man brought out my sexuality, pre-mature some say, but myself, think it's GREAT!
I've done so much sexually, and known this man for 4 years now.
As for the Period/anal thing, I have done both.
I personaly think that it is the mess that would have made me say no in the past. But after having conversations with this man about how much he doesn't care about the mess, how if a huge mess happens hes not going to make me feel embarrassed about it.
After I felt comfertable, and knew there wasn't going to be anything I would be asshamed about around him, I DID IT!!!
And ooooo was it great. Both of them anal/period sex.
This man will even go down on me during my period, provided I wash up first, and put a tampon in.

ISN'T HE SOMETHING??

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also wanted to say, even though it isn't her blog, that "housewyfewithbenefits" you have inspired me to create my own sexual fantasy blog. Because the things that I think about, or do, have to be written somewhere.
Yet I know most of them would be critized by ppl in my world.
I just wanted to say THANKYOU

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I would also add that before Hubs & I were married, he did go down on me during my period, when I was out of the shower and had a tampon in. I never in a million years would've asked him to do it, he just did.

Hasn't happened again since the vows LOL.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in my experience most men dont mind - but the women I have slept with have sometimes felt that THEY didnt want the messiness or the exertion while they feel fragile.

I certainly dont mind.

Thinking about this properly for the fist time, I think I quite LIKE having sex while my partner is on her period.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm not grossed by it but sometimes I am slightly concerned about staining the sheets.

Kitti is generally not really into it but sometimes we're suprised by the period starting while we're doing it. Also we often have sex right at the end of her period when it's mostly over but there is some residue apparent after intercourse.


I have absolutely no problem with intercourse although it seems that lubrication is lacking at that time so lube would be helpful. Until I recently had a vasectomy birth control was an issue and I really don't enjoy condoms. Of course that means that I really enjoy sex during her period.

Oral raises the squeamish quotient a bit. I haven't done it much with Kitti but 15+ years ago with my previous girlfriend I did and it wasn't really a problem. It's just that switching back and forth from oral to kissing could get messy.

I think that I'd rather have her bare and messy during oral than encounter a tampon. It would mostly be my hand getting messy while my mouth was busy around her clit. Normally I tongue and "nose" her vagina but not this time.

I have read that sex helps to reduce cramping so maybe I should try to talk Kitti into more sex ALL month long.

Jay

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I borrowed this background from

Thanks!