Monday, April 11, 2005

Ugh

I hate writing this post. Why? Because I don't like reliving last night and the sadness I feel. IN thinking about the situation, this is what I think happened:

(We have gotten into bed for the night)
ME (very calmly): Babe, I'm a little bummed that we didn't have sex this weekend.
HIM: (silence)
ME: We haven't had sex on a weekend in like three or four weekends!
HIM: (silence)
HIM: Why does it have to be about weekends?
ME: It's not, it's just in general that I'm not happy that we aren't having sex very often.
HIM: (silence)

I turn over, facing away from him.

HIM: Are you mad at me?
ME: NO, I'm just sad that you won't talk to me when I tell you I'm upset about this.
HIM: I don't know what you want me to say. I don't understand why you're so focused on having sex on the weekends.... Why are you focusing on the past.... blah blah blah


(I won't keep going, but eventually this conversation escalates and gets blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION into an argument, which I proudly can say that I stayed fairly calm and rational about for a change. I am definitely maturing.)

This is what could have ended the conversation right at the beginning (yeah, you get it... my fantasy husband)

ME (very calmly): Babe, I'm a little bummed that we didn't have sex this weekend.
HIM: (turns over and hugs me)I'm sorry. It was busy weekend and I really wanted to get that lawn mowed and now I'm really beat. Don't worry, we'll have sex this week. I love you.
ME: I love you, too.
(kiss kiss kiss)
ME: Good night.
HIM: Good night.


This is what I think he heard:

ME: YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE I HATE YOU FOR NOT HAVING SEX WITH ME WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? I TOTALLY DISCOUNT THAT WE HAD SEX ON TUESDAY BECAUSE I ONLY COUNT SEX ON WEEKENDS AND HOW DARE YOU SKIP A 4TH WEEKEND IN A ROW. YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON AND I WISH YOU WERE DEAD.

This, my friends, is the difference between women and men

3 Comments:

Blogger T. Wild said...

HUG for you.
I have had that same conversation. Be thankful that he finally fought with you on the subject. Mine stays silent until I get tired of listening to my own voice and we fall asleep miserable.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Keepin it real said...

WTF!? What part of the country are you guys from and why couldn't I find someone like you? I have the same problem with my wife and the thing is that we are still young and have only been living with each other for a few months. One would expect lots of sex at least the first 6-12 months, but no. She does the same, "I'm tired" bull. Like your blog.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't find an email address for you on your site. I wanted to thank you for linking to F/A and tell you I'll check in every now and then. I'm doing a blogroll update soon and I'll add yours. I hope you keep writing.

Hang in there. No one will be able to resist your charms for long.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I borrowed this background from

Thanks!